IEI INDIA

September 13, 1920 Formal inauguration of The Institution of Engineers (India) at Madras
February 23, 1921 Formal inauguration of The Institution of Engineers (India) at Calcutta by His Excellency Lord Chelmsford, the Governor General of India Inauguration of the First Local Association, namely, the Bengal Association of Engineers at Calcutta
1928 First ‘AMIE’ Examinations held with five candidates
December 19, 1930 Foundation stone laid for the first building of The Institution of Engineers (India) at 8 Gokhale Road, Calcutta by His Excellency Lord Irwin, the Viceroy and Governor General of India
December 28, 1931 Ceremonial opening of the first building of The Institution of Engineers (India) by His Excellency Lord Willington, the Viceroy and Governor General of India
September 09, 1935 Royal Charter granted to The Institution of Engineers (India) by His Majesty George Vth, the King and Emperor of the Great Britain
August 30, 1944 The first set of the ‘Professional Conduct Rules’ for the Corporate Members formulated by the Institution Council
December 27, 1945 Silver Jubilee Celebrations inaugurated at Calcutta by His Excellency Field Marshal the Right Honourable Viscount (Earl) Wavell of Cyrenaica and Winchester, the Governor General and Representative of the British Crown in India
January 1968 The new Institution headquarters building at 8 Gokhale Road, Calcutta formally opened by His Excellency Dr Zakir Hussain, the honourable President of India

Comments are closed.